harmonies

NoobNotes.net Forums Feedback / ideas harmonies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nat 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

mike

This seems a good vehicle for understanding harmonies.
    I found the site searching for the harmonies in
    WISH YOU WERE HERE
    Pink Floyd
    I am still struggling to pick it out.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Mike

nat
    Keymaster

Hey Mike, thanks for the comment ๐Ÿ™‚

I think you must be more musically advanced than I am, i just work out the letter notes to songs I like on the flute and note them down for others ๐Ÿ™‚

“Wish you were here” is one of my faves and sounds lovely on the flute I think too! ๐Ÿ˜€ The letter notes for it are here: https://noobnotes.net/wish-you-were-here-pink-floyd/ and transfer well onto other instruments too.

When it comes to harmonies however, i’m a bit lost ๐Ÿ˜€ My best guess is that you’d like to see sets of the notes a few semitones apart so you can play them together at the same time…? If that’s the case, the best I can suggest for now is to use the ‘shift key’ buttons to get the different transpositions, and group them together somehow. Forgive/correct me if i’ve misunderstood!?

My day job is as a web programmer, and i enjoy coding up this site as much as i enjoy writing and playing the tunes, so if there’s some sort of functionality i could add to make it easier / more fun for you to play, i’m very open to ideas ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know ๐Ÿ˜€
    nat

Mike

Hi Nat.
      Many thanks for your prompt response.
      I also am not aware how harmonies are constructed, it may be as simple as you suggest, so I will have a look later when I have a bit of time.
      I have never really learned to read music properly,and although I can pick out a tune from a score its a bit laborious, so this idea may make things a bit easier.
      I think the site is a great idea, well done.
      If it transpires that I make use of it I will, of course, buy you a coffee!
      Mike

nat
        Keymaster

Hi Mike, great to hear back from you ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d love to help you make the best of the notes i have written out here, as a fellow music-lover who find sheet music a bit painful, you’re the kind of person i made this site for!

I’d like to know how you’re getting on with ‘Wish You Were Here’ and what instrument you’re playing? I’d also like to offer this as a potentially helpful tip should you have any experience with the piano:

.G .A .B C D E F G A B ^C ^D ^E
        < --low--|-----mid-----|--high-->

I hope this makes it easier get an idea of how I’ve labelled the notes ๐Ÿ™‚

I’d also like to point out that i’m a noob myself, and play on a (likely slightly out of tune) flute to work out the notes, so they may not always be 100% right but are my best guess / how i like to play it. If you spot a glaring mistake, just let me know and i’ll take another look as soon as i can.

Looking forward to hear how you’re getting on so far ๐Ÿ™‚
        nat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.