New site design :)

NoobNotes.net Forums Feedback / ideas New site design :)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nat 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

nat
    Keymaster

So i’ve been busy working on tidying the website design! Here’s a before and after:

Before:

noobnotes.net - before

After:

noobnotes.net - after

Would love to know what you think!

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    nat

nat
    Keymaster

Still making constant updates to the site – I hope they’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

You can now:
    -‘React’ to songs with emoticons, as well as vote
    -Chat with integrated Facebook comments

I hope you enjoy!
    -nat

Chantelle

What is with the new keyboard thing at the top?

nat
      Keymaster

Hey again Chantelle ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so glad you asked!

I’ve added it for a few reasons – initially it was to help clarify what the symbols are infront of the notes (ie .C / C / ^C), also to help clarify sharps and flats (get a lot of questions around my use of random symbols ๐Ÿ˜)

Next, I plan to highlight the notes used on the keyboard, to help show if it’s and easy or harder song and which notes are used. And last night I made it so you can click the letter notes themselves to play the sound, next step is so make the piano playable so you can test the notes of a tune without having your instrument with you ๐Ÿ™‚

This is all part of my plan to make noob notes a bit more interactive and usable away from your instrument ๐Ÿ™‚

I really appreciate everyone’s opinions and feedback – one of my concerns (as a flute player) is that it makes NoobNotes look like it’s for pianos specifically, we’ll see!

Would love to know everyones thoughts ๐Ÿ™‚
      nat

Alfy

Hey Nat, I was just wondering, is there a way you could add a comments section that is like the forums, but you don’t have to sign in to Facebook?

nat
      Keymaster

Hey Alfy, thanks for your suggestion ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll start doing some research ๐Ÿ™‚ the reason i ended up going for facebook comments was a) to help combat spam and b) to make it easier to post comments quickly – i hadn’t anticipated that it could put some users off so thanks again for your feedback ๐Ÿ™‚ i’ll get googling! -nat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.