[DONE] Sweeney Todd

NoobNotes.net Forums Song requests [DONE] Sweeney Todd

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nat 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Tessa j

Can you do some Sweeney Todd? I would like to have the second Joanna with Johnny Deep singing please.

nat
    Keymaster

Hey Tessa, thanks for your suggestion, i haven’t seen Sweeney Todd and having trouble finding the song you’re asking for – would you be able to find me a link or something where i can give it a listen please? ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks! nat

Tessa J

Sweeney Todd- Johanna (Reprise) With Lyrics
    that is the name of the video it also has the lyrics with it so that should help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tessa J

I also forgot there is a movie called Sweeney Todd the demon barber of fleet. It is tim burton film, but it is rated R and it is very violent so just precaution there. But if you do watch it then you will understand the music with the story line there and all.

nat
    Keymaster

Hey Tessa, thanks for clarifying! I have listened to the song and it’s pretty cool ๐Ÿ™‚

I imagine i could work out the intro part with some time and capture the essence of the ‘Joanna’ bit, however the way the lady was singing sounded a bit off, almost spoken, i’m not sure i’d be able to work it out. Would doing the intro be enough to get you playing and enjoying this song? The melodies seem pretty consistent and repeated throughout, so i do hope so ๐Ÿ™‚

If not, i saw on google that the full sheet music score is available on http://www.sheetmusicexchange.com – let me know how you’d like to proceed ๐Ÿ™‚

Either way, i think i’ll have to watch Sweeney Todd now, it sounds interesting ๐Ÿ˜€
    -nat

Tessa j

Yes, that would be great! thank you so much for working through that for me! Please make it when you can. Also there is a different version that may be a little easier than the one i linked, here is that link.Sweeney Todd: Johanna (Full Song)( well type it in anyway.) Just do what you can and i will be happy. ๐Ÿ™‚

nat
    Keymaster

Thanks Tessa, give me some time to work through the list and figure this one out ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m interested to know what instrument are you going to it play on?! nat

Tessa J

I play the flute, I am also self taught. One day I picked it up and I started playing it with a fingering chart.

nat
    Keymaster

Hey Tessa, I did the Jamie Campbell Bower part for now as i was able to do the whole thing, and it gives many of the same melodies as in the second Johanna – can find it here: https://noobnotes.net/johanna-sweeney-todd/ – i’ll look at adding more in time, but i hope that’s ok for now! i was really happy with how i got the notes on this one, i was playing along to the youtube video on my flute and i sounded like i was part of the song ๐Ÿ˜€ enjoy! -nat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.