POLL: Could these letter notes be easier / clearer to play?!

NoobNotes.net Forums Polls POLL: Could these letter notes be easier / clearer to play?!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lils 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

nat
    Keymaster

My goal is to make it as easy to read these notes as possible! What can I do to make it better? ๐Ÿ™‚

Could these letter notes be easier / clearer to play?!
    vote

Mathew Dalton

Imparting the notes is great, but they don’t sound right if the rhythm is not correct. I listen to the song in segments on itunes to hear the rhythm, then play it on my instrument from the Noobnotes.
    I’ve found this really helps!

nat
      Keymaster

Hey Mathew, thanks for your comment! I add a link to the song on youtube in the hope of saving you a search, it’s near the top ๐Ÿ™‚ ive also recorded a few videos for a handful of songs, i hope that helps a bit too! i’m so glad you’re finding new songs through noobnotes – what kind of music do you listen to, and what instrument do you play? nat

Mathew Dalton

It is a C- Melody saxophone. I listen to a wide range of music, but like to try to play pieces that are upbeat….although they can be challenging as you have to start playing them slow and then speed up when you can.

Thanks so much for doing this for everyone!

nat
          Keymaster

I get what you mean about the upbeat ones – i’m hooked on ‘dont stop me now’, getting up to speed slowly =D I’m so glad you found my site and are enjoying the notes – i get so much happiness from knowing i’m helping others too ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ps. been working on ‘your woman’, aiming for today/tomorrow, it’s been a fun one so thanks for making me think of it =D

Johnd583

Fantastic website. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to a few pals ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you in your sweat! kegdbeaegeea

nat
      Keymaster

Thanks so much for your lovely comment Johnd583, it really means a lot ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m so glad you enjoy the songs here, and hope you keep checking back for more ๐Ÿ™‚ nat

Anon

Thanks so much for putting these notes up, I just stumbled onto this site but it’s already really helpful!

I have just noticed that a lot of the notes are written as D#, when I’m used to seeing it as Eb, especially when the song is in Bb Major, like Rewrite the Stars. It would be even more helpful if this could be changed.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

nat
      Keymaster

Thanks so much for the lovely comment, it makes me so happy to know others are enjoying my noobnotes =D And your suggestion is timely, i’ve been working on adding switches to the settings panel so you can toggle between Bb/A# etc, just ironing out some bugs and tidying code so you can expect that feature soon =D I’d love to know how you worked out the key for Rewrite the Stars? …my music theory isn’t so great hehe ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m often asked what key a song is in, and i can’t advise =D If I understood the rules for working out the key, i could code it in and add the info to the settings panel too =) nat

Issy

I definitely agree! I was just looking for a Halloween song to play when I saw this website! I have loved it and now have a plan to practice 15 Christmas songs!

mackenzie

it would be easier to read the notes if they were closer tgether so that we wouldn’t have to stop and scroll through the music while playing because if not I have to pprint out the music and I aint got enough ink for that!

nat
      Keymaster

Hey Mackenzie, thanks so much for your feedback, it’s really appreciated! The spacing between the notes (and the scrolling it creates) is something i’ve noticed as annoying as i play through the songs too. I’ve though a lot about how to make songs nicer to play – squishing up the font, making an auto-scroll feature, making the lines longer – however they all have their downsides and would be more work / code to load the page than is worth it. Printing does give the best output for now. Another idea i had was to create a 2-column option, although that’d only work on desktop and 60% of NoobNoters are on mobile – meh, i dunno! I’d love to hear any ideas you or anyone else have, i’m always open to ideas =D nat

Alicia

Hi,
    I am a music therapist, and I just discovered this web site, it’s fabulous! Thank you a million times for creating these song charts which are accessible for everyone! Several of my students are using them now while we are doing remote continuous learning over google classroom and zoom.

I also love that there is a virtual piano at the top of the page for each song that my students can use at home, since many don’t have an instrument at home and schools are not open currently. However the virtual piano does not show when you are scrolling down to play the notes, so the whole song can’t be played, only the top part. Is there a way that the piano keyboard could stay stationary on the side so that the player can scroll down the chart and still keep the keyboard visible?

Thanks so very much and keep up the good work! We appreciate you and this website!
    -Alicia

Ash

It would also be a lot easier for longer songs if it scrolled slowly for you so that you don’t have to stop, scroll, then start again. Otherwise, everything is on point!

chloe

Could you mabye post pdf or easy to print parts of some of the song? BTW i love the site ๐Ÿ˜‰

ruby

It’s hard to tell what the symbols next to letters mean so I could not read the music. Please try to fix this, there is software that can write sharps and flats

ruby

thank you

ruby

SOrry, I meant could you try to put in sharps and what kind of note it is, not trying to boss

Eli

I don’t think Nat checks in to this website anymore

lils

hello! I love this site so much, but I think it would be easier for some people if you write somewhere on this website the apostrophes mean. If you already have that somewhere, sorry.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.