POLL: Overall, how would you rate NoobNotes?!

NoobNotes.net Forums Polls POLL: Overall, how would you rate NoobNotes?!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nat 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

nat
    Keymaster

Overall, how would you rate NoobNotes?!
    vote

frankie

I love it but I think u should add more songs, especially pop songs but also country Taylor Swift, like, before she became famous. Songs like: love story, the story of us, our song, picture to burn, mine, mean etc.

Myrthe

I have a idea, mayby you can get the chords for the left hand to the songs ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

nat
      Keymaster

Thanks for the idea Myrthe! The thing is i’m a flute player, and quite fixed on only having to worry about playing 1 note at a time haha ๐Ÿ˜€ the way i work out these notes is to learn the song well enough to sing along, that cements the tune in my head, then i try to play it back on the flute. Others have asked about adding chords / notes for left hand, but in all all honesty i don’t know where i’d start ๐Ÿ˜› Are you a piano player?! ๐Ÿ™‚

kaylee

I think its great but… I think you should also teach time signatures, flats, fermata, key signatures, accents and more!!! because I am a beginner and don’t know what some of these things are… but overall I love this website its cute and easy to use like most other websites, also great songs to chose from!

nat
      Keymaster

Hey Kaylee! Thanks for your post ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve been thinking about adding more theory stuff here, the 3 things that stop me are:

1) i don’t know the theory well myself, hence the letter notes here lol i write these notes by ear in my spare time after work, i’m no musician ๐Ÿ™‚ which leads to…

2) there are loads of good resources out there already to teach music theory who are all farrrrrr more knowledgeable than me

3) i enjoy the process of working out the notes to a song by ear, noting them down, refining and sharing them, being corrected by a visitor, making it better ๐Ÿ™‚ i guess that appeals to me more than digging further into music theory.

I’m a wannabe web developer with a flute hobby – i like coding the site, adding cool features, playing with the design, etc… then when i’m done geeking, knocking out a disney tune on the flute with all the skill of an untrained 12 year old ๐Ÿ˜€

So i guess the tldr; would be – you don’t wanna learn anything about music theory from me, i’m not your guy! however are you interested in html?! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜› haha

If you can think of something programmable (like the keyboard, recently added to the song pages, or the ability to shift the letter notes up or down in key, that’s all code!) or something around making the site more user friendly (i’m looking at adding the ability to make the text bigger or smaller) i’ll definitely be able to help more on that front ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks again Kaylee, sorry for writing a wall ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope you’re enjoying all the new songs, it’s been an flutey weekend!
      -nat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.