This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Olivia Song 8 months, 1 week ago.
- 21st April 2018 at 7:49 pm #3822
I’m really interest to see the variety of instruments these notes are used for 🙂 I’ve been contemplating trying a new instrument recently too, perhaps this could give me some ideas!
- 22nd April 2018 at 8:46 pm #3836
Hey everyone! So i’ve been playing with adding polls – i hope this will give me more opportunity to interact with you all and get an understanding of what everyone plays etc 🙂
I mainly play the flute, but also test out the notes i write on a piano app 🙂
I’ve been thinking more and more about trying something new… would love to hear what everyone else plays and enjoys!
- 1st November 2018 at 1:15 pm #5518
Hi! I heard you were trying out different instruments. I play a melodica and it’s a great way to start out if you want to play the piano eventually. Good Luck!
- 22nd October 2018 at 7:15 pm #5345
I’m thinking about playing the kalimba, but at the moment I play piano, saxophone and partially ukelele.
- 23rd October 2018 at 10:54 pm #5373
FLUTE!!!!! and Piccilo
- 27th October 2018 at 1:52 pm #5429
HEY. IM PLAYING KALIMBA. im having a hard time making sharps ang flats. I dont know the “formula” on how to generate a flat or sharp sound wothout changing the tuning of the instrument. Any idea how?
- 17th November 2018 at 4:36 pm #5715
Hey Jem! I’ve had similar questions from other Kalimba players – here’s the answer!
The kalimba can’t play sharps or flats without messing up the tuning (as you mentioned) therefore the best songs for you are ones in the key of C Major (natural notes only, no sharps or flats).
Most, about 90%, of the songs on noobnotes can be shifted to the key of C to allow you to play them on the kalimba – pick a song you like and check out the green ‘note settings’ section at the top of the page. If the key is “C Major”, this one should be good for you to play. If its not, there may be a button that says “Move to C Major” – give that a click and see how the notes are now 🙂
I’ve made a list of all the songs on noobnotes with either are already in C Major, or can be moved into C Major by pressing that “Move to C Major” button – you can see that list here: https://noobnotes.net/browse/browse-songs-in-c-major/
I hope that helps for now – i’m thinking of other ways i can make it easier for Kalimba players (an others who can’t play sharps/flats) to find the right songs for them 🙂
Happy playing! -nat
- 2nd November 2018 at 4:24 pm #5538
Tanya de Lange
Hey. I’m playing the recorder!
- 10th November 2018 at 7:49 pm #5621
I play the clarinet. Can you post more Christmas songs that are easy?
- 10th November 2018 at 7:53 pm #5622
Hey Olivia! I’m glad you asked – i’ve done loads of christmas songs and was starting to run out of ideas for more to do – did you have any in mind in particular?! “12 Days of Christmas” is on the to-do list already 😀 nat
- 13th November 2018 at 5:49 pm #5675
I play the button accordian
- 14th November 2018 at 6:03 pm #5684
I play the trumpet and the tin whistle ☺️
- 8th February 2019 at 12:56 am #6011
FLUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you add five nights at Freddy’s songs? (I have break my mind in mind!)
- 9th February 2019 at 4:26 pm #6015
I play flute and piano and nat, can you help me I suck at tounging!
- 10th February 2019 at 10:36 pm #6030
I play piano and kalimba, but I’ve been using this website for my kalimba.
- 12th February 2019 at 4:34 pm #6037
I play the oboe!
- 17th February 2019 at 1:44 am #6043
- 17th February 2019 at 1:46 am #6044
I play the flute!
- 22nd February 2019 at 5:01 am #6050
- 22nd February 2019 at 3:19 pm #6052
I play the accordian
- 6th March 2019 at 3:31 am #6063
I play the flute! I’ve been thinking of playing the piano again…