- 10th February 2018 at 11:14 pm #2977
Hey music crowd! I hope you’ll be as excited about the new updates as I am 😀
On every song page, you can now adjust the ‘Song Note Settings’ – allowing you to:
– Jump between Letter Notation (A-B-C) and Solfege (Do-Re-Mi) notes
– Shift the song key up or down in key automatically
These new features mean that whether you’ve learned ‘ABC’ or ‘DoReMi’ notation, you can read the notes easily!
Also, if the song goes out of range for your instrument, you can bump it up or down a few keys and still get to play 🙂 Or, get a few musical friends together and play a harmony!
I’ve really enjoyed playing songs I know well already in different keys, it’s a nice challenge to play a song you know already in a different way!
Understanding the Symbols before notes
The symbols before the notes indicate which octave to play the note in.
- .C : Low C (C3) -starts with a dot (.)
- C : Middle C (C4) -no prefix
- ^C : High C (C5) -starts with a caret (^)
I added a an additional symbol for an octave higher and lower, allow all songs to be transposed at least one octave either way 🙂
So all together, if you end up changing the key, you may run into any of these notes:
- C2 : _C, _D, _E, _F, _G, _A, _B
- C3 : .C, .D, .E, .F, .G, .A, .B
- C4 : C, D, E, F, G, A, B
- C5 : ^C, ^D, ^E, ^F, ^G, ^A, ^B
- C6 : *C, *D, *E, *F, *G, *A, *B
On top of the new ‘Song settings’ feature, there are a bunch ofother recent new additions for you to enjoy:
-‘React’ to songs with emoticons, and give star rating votes out of 5
-Chat, comment and share your performance with integrated Facebook comments on every post page 🙂
-Sign up to a mailing list to get the weekly update to your inbox – yay!
I hope you enjoy all the new functionality – i’d love to hear your feedback and ideas for new features (and any bugs you may spot!)
Happy practice! ?
- This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by nat.